Why you Should Consider an Oracle to Amazon RDS Migration
Presenter: Brandon Webb
Does your current Oracle deployment truly fit your organization’s needs? Whether you’re currently using an on-premises, hybrid, or cloud-based infrastructure, Amazon RDS offers several compelling advantages that make it worth the migration.
Amazon RDS for Oracle streamlines the process of getting Oracle deployed and optimized in the cloud. You end up freeing up technical resources and specialists that were previously tied up in database administration, which opens the door to greater innovations. You also have many avenues for cost-reduction through multiple pricing options, which include paying for usage on an hourly basis and reserving database instances for up to three years.
In this session, we’ll cover:
• The licensing models used by Amazon RDS for Oracle.
• How using a fully managed Oracle database empowers your organization inmany areas.
• The improvements in database availability and reliability thanks to RDS functionality that includes automated fail-over, simple replication configuration, and other features.
• Things to keep in mind when deciding to migrate your databases.
• Choosing the databases that would be best suited for cloud-based deployment.
• Best practices for preparing your Oracle database for migration.
• Whether you should choose a database migration partner as part of the process.
• Getting the most out of multiple availability zones.
• How to move to Amazon RDS without large disruptions of daily business operations.
You’ll be able to use this information on Oracle to Amazon RDS migrations to make the best decision for your organization. This session is best suited for technology decision-makers, including CTOs, IT directors, and others in similar roles.